Trending Test Crochet! Apply now before spots fill up.
Baby/ Child Dress/ Tunic
Est. Yards600 - 900
CommunicationRavelry - Group or Direct Message
Payment Notes: I will send the final pattern to your Ravelry library as well as another pattern of your choice. I can also send the patterns over email.
Yarn RequirementsSport Weight Yarn in several colors. Total yardage by size: Pattern also gives yardage by color for each size 6-12 months: 475 12-18 months: 505 Size 2: 580 Size 4: 830 Size 6: 925 Size 8: 1190 Size 10: 1245
Sizes AvailableSizes: Chest measurement (dress measurement at chest) both in inches 6-12 months: 17.5 (19.5) 12-18 months: 18.5 (20.5) Size 2: 21 (23) Size 4: 23 (25) Size 6: 25 (27) Size 8: 27 (29) Size 10: 28 (30)
Skills RequiredWorking in the Round
Name: Unnamed Dress/ Tunic - Currently calling it Trouvaille Dress/ Tunic (It uses the same stitch pattern as my Trouvaille Shawl and Blanket.)
The pattern begins with a circular yoke and features sections of filet diamonds with special cluster stitches in an accent color between each section.
The pattern is written for four, five, or six main colors (depending on the size) with 1 accent color. The pattern is written for sport weight yarn.
Deadline: May 30, potentially flexible for the larger sizes
Pattern Details: There is both a written pattern and a photo tutorial. US crochet terms.
Skill level: Easy/ Intermediate There is one special stitch, which is detailed in the picture tutorial.
Yarn: Sport weight yarn.
E (3.5 mm) hook or hook to match gauge
My dress was made with Schachenmayr Catania and an E hook.
Gauge: 20 sts and 9.5 rows of dc are 4”
Color pattern: Described in detail in the pattern. The dress uses 4-6 main colors (one for each section) and 1 accent color.
- Please keep me updated on your progress weekly.
- If you are on Ravelry: Create a project page for your finished dress, linked to the pattern, which includes a picture of the finished item, yarn used, yardage for each color, and size.
- Check pattern and tutorial for accuracy.
- Please send me your answers to the following questions (via e-mail, PM, or in the thread):
- What size did you make?
- What are the final dimensions of your dress?
- What was your approximate yardage? What was your yardage for each color?
- What size hook did you use?
- What is your suggested difficulty level?
- Any pattern name suggestions?
- Any pattern corrections, comments, suggestions (pattern wording, formatting, level of detail in tutorial, or anything else you notice)?
Compensation for successful testers:
I will send the final pattern to your Ravelry library as well as another pattern of your choice. I can also send the patterns over email.