Trending Test Knit! Apply now before spots fill up.
Kaiya Diamond Cable Blanket
Est. Yards900 - 1200
Payment Notes: Compensation is in the form of one free pattern, and option to customize handspun yarn at materials cost to designer
Yarn RequirementsSuper bulky weight yarn
Sizes AvailableThis is written for crib blanket/couch throw dimensions
Skills RequiredCables Longtail Cast-on
The Kaiya Diamond Cables Blanket was commissioned to be an heirloom piece for my cousin’s wife, Kaiya, on the occasion of the birth of their first baby. It was featured in my first editorial photo shoot, and the duplicate I made to double check the pattern continues to be a conversation piece when guests see it draped over the couch.
Here’s what you need to know:
- pattern is written for super bulky weight yarn. Usually, this works out to yardage of 80 yards/4 Oz.
- needle size 10 mm/US 15
- pictured is the pattern made in my handspun merino wool yarn. Purchase of this specific yarn is not at all required, but it will be made available to testers exclusively for this project, for my cost of materials, ($60 CDN) if testers choose. This includes custom dyeing.
- test knitters need to have a Ravelry account for entering test knit codes and adding 1-2 pictures to the pattern.
- I ask that test knitters post 1-2 pictures to Instagram, and provide 1-2 pictures for sharing to my Instagram stories and highlights.
- other than extreme discounts on the yarn (if chosen) and receiving the digital pattern for free, no other compensation is offered for this job.