Trending Test Knit! Apply now before spots fill up.
Est. Yards900 - 1200
CommunicationRavelry - Group or Direct Message
Yarn Requirements3 skeins of fingering weight wool in 3 color ways
Sizes AvailableOne size
Skills RequiredLace Knitting Short rows
The test will begin on Saturday, August 29, 2020. You can join the test up until September 4, 2020.
Yarn: You are welcome to use any 3 colors of fingering weight yarn that you choose.
My choices:1 skein Flockin’ Sock Xtra, Unicorn Blue (What The Flock; 75% superwash merino, 25% nylon; 464 yds; 100g) - C1
1 Skein Happy Feet 100 Splash hand-dyed, Crayon (Plymouth Yarn; 90% superwash merino wool, 10% nylon; 384 yds; 100g) - C2
1 skein Breathless Sock, Red Hot Minute (Shalimar Yarns; 75% superwash merino, 15% cashmere, 10% silk; 420 yds; 100g) - C3
Yardage Used: 1017-1243 yds
(Only a few yards of yarn remained after knitting the sample for C1 and C2. Approximately 2/3 of C3was used)
Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm) Circular - 32" cable.
Gauge: using US 5 (3.75 mm) 24 stitches/33 Rows = 4” (10 cm) in stockinette stitch before blocking.
Skills: knit, purl, short rows, increases and decreases (including double decrease), some lace
Test knitters are key players in the process of publishing a pattern. Here is an overview of how I would like to handle this test knit, so it’s important to give this a read over before responding to this email.
- I do not pay test knitters at this time. I will email each test knitter, who has completed the project and posted a project to Ravelry, the Ravelry gift code for the pattern once it is published.
- You will have at least one month to complete the test.
- I choose testers based on reliability, past projects, and experience. I will send an email to those of you who respond, further information regarding: where the test will be hosted, the start date, end date, and any new information.
- During the test, I ask that you check in once a week with an update. This is also a good time to post your progress to Instagram or other social media. Please tag me (@debberdock) and use #winterberrystudio and #postcardshawl in your post. Feel free to use any other hashtags that you desire.
- Please create a Ravelry project using the pre-release code (to be provided later). A nicely composed photo of your finished shawl helps others who are considering the pattern.
- Please let me know of any issues that you have with the pattern or process. Point out any errors in spelling/wording, areas that need clarification, etc.
- I will do my best to respond quickly to questions and errors. I will check the forum each evening during the test.
- I really desire that this is an enjoyable knit for you. I want to give you a wonderful recommendation at the end of this process. Communication is key to make this happen. In case of emergencies or you are unable to complete the project in time, please let me know as soon as you can! Sometimes life gets in the way and test knits can’t be completed and that is totally ok.