Trending Test Crochet! Apply now before spots fill up.
Shadow Cocoon Cardigan (FREE PROMO FOR TESTERS)
CategorySweater / Cardigan
Est. Yards1200 - 1500
Final Project Only
Payment Notes: If you meet all requirements, you will receive the pattern you are testing, and you will also receive one (1) free promotion under the TESTER SHOUT OUT section of the final pattern.
Yarn RequirementsA total of 1400-1500 yards of Fingering / 4-ply / Super Fine ombré yarn with smooth light-to-dark color transitions should be used to create the same effect. For the pictured cardigan, I used the following: 1 skein (1094 yards) of Scheepjes Whirl and 3/4 skein (374 yards) of Scheepjes Whirlette
Skills RequiredWorking in the Round
The Shadow Cocoon Cardigan is ideal for advanced beginners or intermediate crochet artists who are new to creating garments because it’s not heavily focused on gauge and it allows you to customize the size to fit any size.
YARN: A total of 1400-1500 yards of Fingering / 4-ply / Super Fine ombré yarn with smooth light-to-dark color transitions should be used to create the same effect. For the pictured cardigan, I used the following:
- Color A: 1 skein (1094 yards) of Scheepjes Whirl - 751 Liquorice Yumyum
- Color B: 3/4 skein (374 yards) of Scheepjes Whirlette - 851 Liquorice (Use more skeins if you’d like to make the cardigan larger, increase the width of the collar or lengthen the cuffs).
NOTE: Scheepjes has a wide variety of large and small skeins. Each skein of Scheepjes Whirl ends and begins with a solid color. Those solid colors can typically be found in the Scheepjes Whirlette collection, making it easy to continue adding extra rows to your design or make seamless color transitions. For recommended Scheepjes Whirl/Whirlette combinations, check out this helpful guide from Simy’s Studio.
- 3.5 mm
- Measuring tape
- 1-2 stitch markers
- Blunt tapestry needle for weaving in ends and joining sides.
- A shawl clip (optional)
ADVANCED BEGINNER LEVEL (EASY)
Working in the round
Working in rows
Creating a starting ring
Joining using a whipstitch
Back loop single crochet
ABBREVIATIONS (U.S. TERMINOLOGY)ch Chain stitch sl st Slip stitch sc Single crochet dc Double crochet sp Space bl sc Back loop single crochet
- I welcome all feedback on the pattern by the deadline, including opportunities for improvement and clarity.
- Please follow the instructions as they are written
- Report any formatting errors, or counting errors, and share any comments and suggestions
You can use any yarn you want, but I would recommend a yarn weight similar to Scheepjes Whirl (Fingering / 4-ply / Super Fine ombré yarn with smooth light-to-dark color transitions should be used to create the same effect).
- Please create a Ravelry project page & link to pattern using the tester code TEST-8D-QYHCK3
- Please post a finished project on Ravelry with photos
- By the deadline, please provide at least 3 clear photos with good lighting of the finished piece that I can share on Ravelry or social media when released. These could include the item being worn, close up photos, photos on a plain background, cardigan on a hanger, or mannequin.
- You do not need to be in the photo and you do not need to show your face or the face of others.
- You are free to sell and/or donate as many finished products that you make based on this version of the pattern. Please credit Synchronicity | Joaris Group LLC in your listing if you are using my version.
After receiving all requirements and confirmation that the pattern was completed successfully, you'll receive:
- A free copy of the final finished pattern.
- A free promotion under the Tester Shout Out section of the final pattern. You can send me a link to your Ravelry page, Etsy page, social media site or personal website for me to list under this section.