Trending Test Knit! Apply now before spots fill up.
Two-Cable Chunky Hat & Cowl
CategoryHat and Headbands
Est. Yards0 - 150
Final Project Only
Yarn RequirementsPaintbox Yarns Wool Mix Chunky, 45 - 170 yards. Testers provide the yarn and can use any chunky/bulky weight yarn that meets the gauge..
Sizes AvailableNewborn, Infant, Toddler, Child/Teen, Adult for hat. Cowl in Child and Teen/Adult sizes with notes on how to make it smaller or larger.
Skills RequiredCables Double Pointed Needles Longtail Cast-on Working in the Round
This is bulky hat and cowl pattern. The hat comes in sizes that should fit all family members. The cowl pattern is in two sizes that should fit ages 6 and up.
- Paintbox Yarns Wool Mix Chunky, 45 - 300 yards.
- Circular or Double Pointed needles, sizes US 10/6 mm and US 10.5/6.5 mm.
- Double Pointed Needles, size US 10.5, 6.5 mm.
- Stitch markers as desired.
- Yarn needle with large eye for sewing in ends.
- 20 stitches and 22 rows per 4 inches/10 cm on US 10/6 mm needles in 1x1 rib, unblocked
- 21 stitches and 22 rows per 4 inches/10 cm on US 10.5/6.5 mm needles in 1x1 rib, unblocked
Note: This makes a very stretchy fabric, which will be forgiving for minor gauge changes.
The instructions are in both written and charted forms.